Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Tired

Yesterday was rough, bouncing back and forth between POS and the script for AAAS, which is now undergoing its 9th draft at the other end then will be sent to me to polish and prettify. Quickie storyboards tomorrow, if all goes according to schedule, so I'm vaguely waiting for Brendan to awaken to let me know what's next with him.

It wasn't an easy night, last night, either. My brother was up and down either going outside to smoke or making himself something to eat...at 2:30 in the morning. My space is right next to the kitchen so when he opens the fridge, I wake up. Plus he seems to be building this habit of coughing as he goes by...like at 6am as he popped out for a cigarette.

This is how it goes for couch-surfers...or in my case, cot surfers. I've been here since December 2nd of last year, and nothing about it is changing till the beginning of January, at the earliest. I never thought I'd be in this position at this age. The one true positive about this is...well, two positives are...my mother's health is better and she's back on schedule with her doctors. She may even begin physical therapy and have her gum disease addressed, soon. It only took me all year to get her back in the habit of keeping her appointments. And I finished 3 screenplays and 3 novels and am well on the way to having a 4th novel in first draft, one that I've been trying to get going in my mind for 20 years. Plus I've managed to live off my piddly savings and occasional jobs the whole time without too much whining. I don't have any other life, but...

Oops -- mom's up. I need to take a run to the store. Or maybe I'll just walk it. Give my brain time to reassert itself.

No comments: