Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, January 25, 2010

Forgot the time

I got busy tying up loose ends and prepping bills and such, now that I'm home, and just realized how late it is. And I didn't even get a chance to upload the photos I took in DC.

Yes, I drove through Washington en route to the airport and it was a beautiful crisp day that would have been perfect for some sight-seeing, but I'm not sorry I just did a glancing tour. I think to truly appreciate the city you'd have to visit not only the known monuments but also the museums and galleries that fill the place. It's like trying to do the Louvre in one six-hour tour; you just can't. So I'll put DC on my list of places to spend a week or two when I'm rich and famous.

I did get a couple of nice shots of the Washington Monument and the Capitol building and drove by the Smithsonian, which was a lot more off-beat than I expected. I also drove down K Street, center of the hell that's paralyzed and distorted our once and future Democracy. When it reaches the point where even "The Economist" is wondering if Democracy is dead, you know things are down the tubes.

I have 69 pages worked up on RIHC6v2 and it's become a bit...I dunno...out there. I guess I'll let it lead me where it wants to, and Antony's definitely enjoying the ride, such as it is. It's building up a nasty view of mankind, that's for damn sure. Guess I'm a people-hater at heart. Wonder if that'll work well into POS or the last book of BC?

God, I still have to get myself ready to move...meaning put most of my crap in storage. Oh, how I do NOT look forward to that.

No comments: