Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Letting go

Draft 10 of "Desert Land" is done and I felt comfortable enough with it to print out a nice clean copy for my file. I still print hard copies of everything, since I once lost 50 pages of writing, completely. Of course, I was on a PC then; now that I'm on a Mac, the only time I have problems is when Word decides to freak out and freeze on me; and I have that set up for auto-save so I don't lose too much.

I dunno what it is about word that keeps doing that -- not often but often enough to irritate. I never have that problem with Final Draft...and I could use that for narrative writing if I wanted. It has different limitations, however, that keep me away from it...though at the moment I can't remember what they are.

Anyway, I'll be done with DL tonight and ready to face POS, after this. Meaning I'm not sure about BC3. I'm beginning to wonder if I'm going the right direction with that story. Allen was going to explain himself, but something about his ideas never has felt right and I think it's because he just wants to shock and not explain. He and I need to have a much more in depth conversation before I go forward with this; Eric's even a bit leery of him (Eric is the narrator pushing the story forward in "Bobby Carapisi 1&2"; Allen is accused of being in on the attacks on him and Bobby). My publisher won't be happy, but he's so backlogged right now, I doubt he'll make much of a fuss.

Man...I feel so cool -- talking about "my publisher."

No comments: