Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Working on POS

The story broke into three sections -- "Beginning," "Houston" and "Return" -- each with its own ring binder, now. And today, I changed the middle section to "Escape." This subtitle fits better because Brendan does, effectively, escape the horror of Derry's growing chaos, albeit at a hideous price. So comes this complete change in tone and attitude to one more in sync with Houston's casual nature. New people come into his life -- each with their own natures of good and bad -- and his world grows calm...for a while. I think I'll enjoy working on this section...till it begins to tighten its grip around him.

It's been as warn in Buffalo as it can be in Houston. Stifling air with no breeze to lessen the grip it holds on you as you do anything, indoors or out. Granted, this is more like Texas in April and we're almost to the end of May, but if I've brought that damned state's temps up here for this summer, I'm gonna be pissed off. I hate Texas summers because they're hot and sticky and the only saving grace is air conditioning that doubles your electric bill, if you're lucky. Everyone kept insisting it's nicer in the summer in Buffalo. Yeah, tell that to my skin as I wipe the sweat from it. If I do stay up here, I'm getting a apartment closer to the lake.

No comments: