Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Guess who's still in Chi-town?

And hungry for a decent meal and pissed off because he had to sleep on a bench last night because by the time Fucking United canceled my flight, everything near the airport was booked solid and you couldn't leave the airport area due to flooding. So I stood in line for an hour and a half to get rebooked to Sunday and kept on standby through Saturday. Plane #1 left without me; I'm now in a whole NEW terminal -- #2, section F, Gate 11c -- that I had to take a shuttle to or else go through security, again, and that was enough of a trial, yesterday. So I'm seated on the floor because that's the only way I can get to a plug since my laptop battery's almost exhausted and my cell phones are about to go under and Fucking United doesn't believe in giving you access to their electricity in the majority of the terminal.

AND THIS FLIGHT GOT CANCELED. So I go to the next one...and the next one...and the next one...

I fucking HATE United.

UPDATE: I'm back to Terminal 1, Gate B7, flight at 1:02...maybe. If not, I'm checking to see if any hotels have opened up and starting back on this crap, tomorrow, after I've had a bath and slept in a real bed.

One good thing about Terminal B? It's got an area of tables and plugs set up right by the Service Desk. The line for customer service in Terminal C was at least a mile long; this one's only a few hundred feet.

No comments: