Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, August 1, 2010

Productivity galore

I'm working on two different sections of the same part of the third book of POS. Sounds complicated but it isn't, really. I have two chapters, back to back, that are slowly filling themselves in -- one from start to finish; one where I'm linking the beginning and the end (because the middle is the hardest part to deal with). Overall, I got 14 pages done and I feel good about what's in them. They'll still need to be worked into where they fit the total scheme and timeline, but they're solid enough for now.

So I jaunted up to Niagra Falls, Canada and had a birthday dinner at Tony Roma's -- and spent a LOT on it -- then toodled on back to finish adding bits to one of the sections.

I don't really feel like writing any more, so I thought I'd share some of the places I was in, this month.

First up -- Iowa City, IA. This is the Iowa River drifting through the U. of Iowa.










And this is downtown Milwaukee from the breakwater.





I passed over the Mississippi, too.









But nothing from Chicago. Airports tend to be dreary places...and O'Hare at 3am with stranded people wandering about was just too creepy.

No comments: