Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, August 26, 2010

Intermittent blogging to follow

I'm done with the LA job and happily fattened by my meal at India's Grill -- somosas and lamb curry and safron rice and a Kingfisher beer -- so I'm off to San Antonio, where my access to the internet will be only occasional. It's the price of being in a backwards city (snark).

I had a bit of a jolt when I finished packing and helping build the skid for these maps. We weighed the skid and after they took it away, I jumped on the scale to see how much weight I'd lost over the last couple months of eating less, feeling very sure of myself. I GAINED. Seems since I live such a sedentary lifestyle now, I'll have to drop my caloric intake to maybe 1000 per day to start dropping the weight, and that AIN'T gonna happen. If I don't eat enough to make body happy, it make my head hurt. So...I have to get active again. Otherwise I'll wind up like one of those people who can't get through their own door, they're so obese.

No writing done, of course, but I do have yet another story knocking on the window wanting to be let in to be reconfigured into a novel. It's a script I wrote years and YEARS ago and now can see what needs to be done with it to make it a book. So...12 novels to write, two musical plays to work out, a lot of pounds to shed, 8 more years of work ahead of me before I can latch onto Social Security -- if the GOP don't kill it first...man, I WILL have to live to a hundred to get all of this done.

Irish Central mentions a spell one can cast to gain prosperity. I may actually do it (not that I'm feeling desperate or anything).

2 comments:

G said...

Your funny, I like you.

JamTheCat said...

Thanks, Mike. Nice to know somebody thinks so.