Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, August 7, 2010

Think I'm turnin' rushin'

I'm hopping over to LA for a quick packing job -- 2 days -- then back to San Antonio for a visit and maybe a hop up to Dallas for another bit of work and back home on the 4th of September, just as things are getting in gear for a book fair. Ah, me -- travel; it's what I wanted. Why'd the TSA decide to make traveling such hell?

Tomorrow I'm working on POS. I need to, now. I've got it built up and it's time to just do it. I'll have to get ready for my trip, but I don't take much and this time I'm driving so no having to deal with airport security. It'll actually be easier in many ways.

But Brendan's ready and wants to get it over with, and I don't blame him. And something I've found is driving helps my mind sort out issues in a story, so I'll have lots of note paper with me. I know some people use a tape recorder to make notes to themselves on stories, but that just doesn't work for me. So long as I can read what I write -- and that's not always the case -- I prefer something on a slip of paper. Guess I'm just lost in the past, when it comes to that...or stuck in my ways...or technically clumsy or something.

No comments: