Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Unbowed, unbroken...

And nowhere near reality, at the moment. I got the final segments of this one section done and Brendan is actually relieved it's over with. I caught him smiling. Now we can go back and work on happier bits of the story. We have 517 pages with 118,036 words on them and I've printed up the new ones and put them in the folder for rewriting, later.

I have no idea if this section works or not; I'm too close to it. But it's not time to show it to anyone. No at all. Parts happen a bit too quickly and other parts linger too long. All I can say is, it works better than what I'd originally come up with and sets the ending up, better.

I honestly haven't anything more to comment on, right now. I'm writed out. And Brendan's off to himself, resting for a change. I like it better when he's happy.

Off to Maryland, tomorrow, and the NYC. Dunno how much I'll get done...but it'll be fine.

No comments: