Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, September 4, 2010

After clicking heels together three times...

I'm heading home and back to my more normal schedule...but with a difference. I'm joining a gym and beginning to work out three times a week. And I'm slamming into my books to get them done, which means paying more attention to my schedule. I can be a lazy slug, but all that's doing is depressing me and making me think bad things about myself, and after being with family for this week, I can see I got no one to blame but myself for myself at this stage in my life. And I also know I'll need to pay better attention to what's going on with my mother, so that's going to take some scheduling in, as well.

I didn't get everything done I wanted to here, but some of it I can take care of in Buffalo. Got lots of plans and no time to detail them. For the first time in years, I'm checking a bag through on my flight home. I'm bringing more of my books and DVDs with me and I figure since Southwest has this 2-bags-free policy, I'm gonna make use of it instead of dealing with UPS.

Maybe I'll pop in later, once I'm back to my new domicile.

But this needs to be said -- once I let my characters go where they want and do as they please, they bring me diamonds. Samuel is one...and Allen brought me another one, last night -- a guy named Ronnie Marquez. He's now bouncing around in my head and wanting me to pay attention to help show Allen's emotional state, and I guess I know what I'm doing Sunday.

No comments: