Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, September 25, 2010

BC-3 has its first draft

I just completed it. 275 pages, 65,000 words, much of them rough and tumble. I have no idea of they work, yet; I'll let them sit for a while before doing a polish, but now I know what belongs and what doesn't. I had to take a nice long walk to finally catch the clue that opened everything up. All thanks to Allen playing his sneaky little games.

Now for some reason I feel like watching a "Charlie Chan" movie, one of the good ones -- like "At the Opera" with Boris Karloff. Problem is,I sold off my collection of them when I was broke in SA. Sold off all my "Hettie Wainthropp", too. I'd go onto Netflix and view "The Big Sleep" on demand, but they posted the 1945 version, which isn't half as good as the 1946 one. And I sold my DVD of that, too. Now I miss them. Silly things to miss. Oh well, once I have money, again, I'll buy them all fresh and new.

Damn, this finished the BC series. Allen's stories are completely separate and need to be expanded upon. Maybe soon but not right now.

No comments: