Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Duh...

Got busy writing and working and all that stuff and totally forgot about blogging. I need to write up a schedule and post it on a huge sheet of paper right in front of my desk. Maybe then I'll remember what to do when, where and even how.

I worked BC-3 up to nearly 54,500 words, last night, then pulled out a section of 3000 words that were not going to stay in it. I'll probably do that in a couple more spots, but as of now, the story's aiming to be about 60K in wordage, which I can live with. Then I'll have a book of Allen's stories that may be under 50K but I won't know till I write this one out that's turning into a novella, dealing with coyotes in Arizona, and I don't mean the 4-legged kind.

Eric and Allen are having an interesting back and forth, with Eric promising things and Allen not believing him but agreeing, anyway, then deliberately doing everything he can to make Eric not keep his word. Last night, Eric met with Bobby's mother and it turned out not to be as rough as I expected.

I thought I knew the ending of the story, but my ending may wind up being the end of a chapter and the rest of the tale goes on to reveal more. I don't know. I keep acting like I'm writing "Crime and Punishment" a la Dostoevsky, but I'm nowhere near that able. This is just going to be a dismissible work.

I don't like saying that, but it's being sold as erotica so anyone who buys it is going to be disappointed; and the people I'm aiming it at won't buy a book they see as just erotica. Probably why the sales are poor on it. Oh, well. Live and learn.

Or not, which seems to be my preference.

No comments: