Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, January 16, 2011

21st century my ass

I tried to stream a broadcast of the Golden Globes, since I don't have a TV, and guess what?  You can't.  It's blacked out.  I can get blogs updating the show every few minutes or so, but can't watch the show itself, not even on NBC's own site.  How dumb is that?

So...hat's off to Chris Colfer for winning supporting actor in "Glee."
Annette Benning for winning best actress for "The Kids Are All Right."  I hope she gets the Oscar.

And I'll let the bloggies fill me in as the night goes along.

I had another idea for the cover of "Bobby Carapisi-3" thanks to Michael W.

This actually works ten times better than my previous idea, because it has the three principle characters on the cover and emphasizes Eric.  (Just to make it clear, these are models I culled off the interweb for my own mock-up; the art department of the publisher will make use of their own models and, hopefully, get close to this set of poses...or may ignore me completely; you never know.)

I worked more on "Crazy Is" while doing my laundry; one of the joys of having a laptop.  I finally understand what the story is about and it's settling into its new meaning...or actual meaning, since I didn't know what the meaning was before...except I did, I just couldn't figure out which synapse of my brain it was in and then had to find the proper code to release it and I think I better stop talking now.  But it's up to 6500 words and I still have no idea how long it will be.

Okay..Al Pacino and Aaron Sorkin are now winners.  Not unhappy.  But now I think I will get a TV.  I want to watch the Spirit Awards when they broadcast since they have a fun time mocking everything.  I may watch the video of the Golden Globes just to see Gervais in action.

No comments: