Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 14, 2011

Pas de Paris, oui de Birmingham...

And we ain't talkin' the one in England.  The first week of April, just as things will be starting to get steamy.  And the person it's being done for is one of those people who has no idea of how real life works so will be pushing hard to get things done in a ridiculous amount of time.  I'd say no to it, but I want to get away from here for a few days and if it's just to friggin' Alabama, so be it.

I'm trying to balance work, writing and personal life and it's been fun.  Meaning no personal life to speak of.  That job...meh, I've had worse.  But I'm at that stage in my life where I don't have much patience for nonsense.  The writing...I'm about at the point of "whatever" with LD.  I actually enjoyed watching that movie, last night, even if I did have to justify it by doing my ironing at the same time.  And I want to do that some more.  I'm tired of just work.

Paris is off this year because for some unfathomable reason the organizers chose May Day weekend for it, which is a HUGE holiday in Europe.  On top of it being just after the Easter Holiday...and Passover...AND Prince William's marriage.  So only 8 dealers are going from the UK and US.  That's it.  First the volcano, now the calendar.  I'm not fated to see Paris again, I guess, because it's WAY more important that I get to Derry for POS and I can't see myself pulling it together to make a trip to France anytime soon.

Besides, I'd like to finish the book before the end of the world...which seems to be getting a bit too close for comfort, lately.  Who'd have thought Japan might wind up having the first nuclear wasteland?  I hope to God not...especially considering Hiroshima and Nagasaki.  Fingers, toes and eyes crossed.

No comments: