Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, March 10, 2011

Too close to a good whine

After the disgraceful manner in which the GOP pushed through their illegal union-busting bill in Wisconsin and Obama stayed silent...on top of one GOP state rep proposing a law that would ban college students from voting because "they vote Liberal" and another GOP rep proposed a law making miscarriages a capital offense and so many other stupid STUPID things the GOP and Tea Party scum have done or proposed...I've just about given up on this country.  The right wing is out to make us a one-party nation, doing everything they can to emasculate the left and keep themselves in power forever, just like Hitler and his scum.  And the Democrats around the country -- the ones actually willing to fight back -- are so outnumbered, they can't stop it.  And the Democratic leadership in Washington just ignores it and keeps trying to appease the GOP, no matter how many times they get nothing but a slap in the face back.  It's diseased.

I read someplace once that a democracy will last until the people realize they can vote themselves a tax cut.  I don't remember who said it, but it sure fits now.

I'm sick of this crap.  And it has actually sickened me.  The US used to be the greatest nation in history...and now it's being turned into a Third World country by people who only have their hate and greed to guide them.  In 10 years, we will be no better than sub-Sahara Africa in our politics and meaning, let alone our economy.  I hope they all burn in hell.

It took me a couple of hours to get to where I could focus on LD and I used my red pen to rework the last few chapters so they're a bit smoother.  I'll input the changes and go through the whole script over the weekend and that will be it.  I'm close to losing myself in Daniel's madness from this and need a break.

Shit, I need a break from everything...including me.

2 comments:

Writer said...

I'm beginning to think that Jesse Helms' idea to put all gay people (well, actually I think his think was all people with HIV) on an island was probably a good thing.

We could simply take all the liberals and progressives and start over.

I find the best thing is to balance every new political news story with a healthy dose of masturbation and/or the website Cute Overload.

JamTheCat said...

Definitely an idea...or two...or three