Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Much better

Today I slept till 11 am.  And I think I will, tomorrow, as well.  And why does that matter?  It doesn't, really, except it made me feel good all day.

So...I input the last corrections to LD and printed up a copy to do my red pen on.  And when that's done and smoothed over, off it goes to the publishing house to see if they want it.  What's especially fun is, it's now over 58,000 words.  And I could work on it and work on it and wind up with a 75K word opus, at the rate I edit down, so it's probably best to end it here.

Sunday I'm off to Birmingham and won't be back till Wednesday night, if all goes well.  I can just see me winding up packing the library of a couple of "Birthers" or Tea-Party-Republicans.  I had a hard time holding my tongue with that old lady Tea-freak in Maryland, six months back, and that was just for an afternoon.

Anyway..I feel good when I don't have to get up at a ridiculous hour -- like 8am.  I really am NOT a morning person in any way form or fashion.  I can be civil at 9 but I ain't interested in being nice till noon, so having a job makes it hard on me, sometimes.  Conversely, I don't have any trouble staying up till 2 in the morning.

Now to be honest, something else that makes me feel...well, not good so much as vindicated is how the right wing religious nuts have finally taken things too far.  A fanatic of a "Christian" minister named Wayne Sapp (how appropriate) sponsored the "trial and burning" of a Koran in Florida, about 10 days back.  He got help from a similar cretin named Terry Jones.  Word got around to the Afghan people and some fanatical Muslim Imams used it to bring about an attack on the UN mission in Mazar-e Sharif, a city near Kabul.  As many as 20 people were killed, including 7 UN personnel.  Now that fucking preacher is saying, "Ain't my fault."

It's scum like this who make me wonder if God really exists, because if he did, he wouldn't put up with their crap.  But they keep doing it and causing chaos and leading their flocks closer and closer to hell, all in his name and in complete contradiction to the teachings of Christ.  It's diseased.

At the same time, nearly a thousand people have been killed in Duekoue, The Ivory Coast by supporters of President Gbagbo, who was voted out of office but is refusing to give up control.  There are strong indications Gbagbo's supporters plan to massacre those who supported his opponent, which could number from the tens of thousands up to a million...which, considering what happened in Rwanda, is not inconceivable.  So...is our president planning to intervene in The Ivory Coast on humanitarian grounds, like he says he did in Libya?  Nope.  Why not?  Ivory Coast has no oil and just a bunch of French speaking black people, so who cares?

Rumor has it, Obama's the second best Republican president, ever, after Ronnie Ray-gun.

I wonder if I could emigrate to Vancouver?




No comments: