Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Even my eye is pink

Today got blown thanks to a nice case of pink eye.  Had to go to the doctor to get some drops for it, because if I hadn't I'd have started looking like the monster out of "I was a Teenage Frankenstein"...from the neck up.  Arrrrr....

Mom is doing well enough to drive her roommate crazy from talking so much.  They're still running tests and plan to keep her for some physical therapy, so she'll probably still be in the hospital when I get there.  Which means some peace and quiet for my youngest brother.  He's even planning to go looking for work while I'm in town.

Looks like the Republicans blinked on the budget talks.  I won't believe it till they've done their duty and raised the ceiling...something they were refusing to do, like a bunch of five-year-olds who don't want to eat their peas.  Swear to God, I could almost hear them stamping their feet and saying crap like, "No, you can't make me!"  If Obama'd been a man instead of a schoolteacher, this would have ended months ago, but he let things get to this point and now it's the poor who will suffer the most.  But that's the way of the GOP...and faux Democrats.

I don't think I'll be happy till the GOP is no longer a political party.

That's it.  My eye's bugging me, too much.

2 comments:

Writer said...

I worry though that the GOP is about to replaced by the Insane Clown Posse...I mean, the Tea Party.

I hope your eye is better soon. =/

JamTheCat said...

What they're pulling is ludicrous to the extreme...but what's worse is how Obama and the media treat them with respect they do NOT deserve. I almost miss LBJ, who was a man SOB but could bang heads to get what he wants.

Eye is already growing pinkless thanks to eyedrops filled with antibiotics. Does that make me the anti-biotic...uh, bionic man?