Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Ain't no rest for the wicked

Long day of paperwork, sorting through a mountain of mail, paying bills (only 2 of which were overdue), getting in some food so I won't starve, dealing with the PO and bank, finding out I have a small packing job to do right here in town this weekend so need to see what materials I need, figuring out just how broke I am and such.  Still have a lot more crap to do, but at least I'm current with everybody.

I'm becoming a resident of NY state.  Tomorrow, after I take a look at this job and buy what I have to buy, I'm applying for a NY Driver's license and will shift my car's registration to NY, as well...once I find the title.  That may take some time because it ain't where I thought it'd be.  And that will be that for Texas.  I have family down there so I can't be completely rid of the state, but now I can fake being from someplace that actually cares as much about people as it does business and won't be trying to install a theocracy as part of the government.

That's what Rick Perry's out to do -- make the US a nation run by the Talibangelicals, the "Christian" version of the Taliban but using Leviticus as their foundation in place of Sharia.  Big difference, since they're also basically saying, "The hell with the teachings of Christ; too liberal."  You'll still have to meet certain religious criteria in order to get any sort of job, women will become chattel and gays and liberals will be executed.  And if you think that sounds far-fetched, Michele Bachmann has a campaign aide who was imprisoned for running guns to Uganda and is linked to a minister who's pushing to have gays executed in that country.

There are a number of American religious leaders who're pushing the "kill the gays" law in Uganda -- Scott Lively and Rick Warren, for example -- and another so-called "Christian" singer (Bradlee Dean, which is such a GAY way to spell Bradley) who supports Bachmann actually said they have the right idea about executing gay men and women in Iran.  This is what these hypocrites want to bring to the US, all under the guise of "Christianity."  It's diseased.

But Perry's leading the charge.  And he already has blood on his hands.  He deliberately let an innocent man, Todd Willingham, be executed by the state of Texas for what has since been shown to not even have been a crime, and then shut down the commission that would have said so...all for political gain.  If that's not a definition of working for the devil, I don't know what is.

Judas would be proud, Dick.

No comments: