Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Headin' home

I'm at the airport waiting for a plane that's already going to be 10 minutes late when I only have a 45 minute layover between flights, to begin with...but I'm finally out of here.  I've done as much as I could to get things in order.  My little brother, Kelly, was accepted to St. Philips and is being evaluated for dental work at UT's Dental school in a few weeks.  He has a place to stay where I can cover his rent if need be.  My nephew, Andrew, is going to help him apply for grants and scholarships, and my sister, Jeri, is backing him up, too.  Now it's time to deal with the mess of my finances in Buffalo.

I've already spent more than I could afford -- not even counting having to pay for more than a third of my mother's funeral expenses.  And not one person who owes me money came through with anything.  So...it's beans and potatoes and eggs for a while.  What the hell -- I've been in this situation before and lived through it.  Besides, I need to lose some weight.

I sent LD off to the publisher.  I'm at the point where if I do anything more to it, I'll kill it...or it will kill me.  It's time to let go...he says, again.  But it's as ready as it ever will be, and me trying to figure out if I want to use "a" instead of "the" as an article is getting down to just plain silly.  Daniel and Ace can take care of themselves, now; I've built them a solid enough base.

Plane's due shortly.  Got to get food since I'm traveling the cattle car line and won't have time to buy a meal in Orlando.  What a pain.  But I got it for free -- well, used up my miles.

No comments: