Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, August 21, 2011

Rain

Glorious rain.  A downpour with showers off and on, all day.  And now it's almost chilly.  Love it.

I also sold a Kindle of BC-1.  I checked to make certain it was really available and it's got a listing in Amazon's sales calculations.  They don't do that until it's sold a copy.  Sure, it's # 79K out of 750K items available (though I really think that number should be updated) but it's now a working title.

LD is back under the red pen.  It's odd, reading it in book format instead of online or in my Word printout version.  I can already see a few places where I'd like to drop or change a word; guess that'll be me no matter what, right up to the point where they threaten to dump me because I'm such a pain.  I'd like to think it puts me in the same category as Charlie Chaplin and Bob Fosse, who were notorious in how often they'd rework their work...but I'm probably just anal-retentive.

I don't really feel like writing much, today.  I've done a lot -- have my wall of awards back up, at the foot of my bed over the TV to remind me of how close I almost came to achieving something in film; and I cleaned both my fans and the screen on my window (my eyes are still "thanking me for that).  $20 worth of laundry and a ton of ironing to do.  E-mails sent that needed to be sent.  I'm going to kick back and iron as I watch a video.  Maybe something sleazy and fun, we'll see.

And just to emphasize my mood of the moment --
I actually had a dream about this photo, the wicked little "come on" in his eye, how he's almost bashful about it.  He makes me wonder if I'm taking POS too seriously.  Makes me wonder if I need to do a rethink.  And I have no idea why he makes me wonder that...except Brendan gets a tattoo in Dublin and...

No, Brendan's just laughed at me and said, "I'm no angel, you fuckin' idiot.  And I'm no symbol of Ireland.  So stop being so fuckin' careful."

Point well made and...hopefully...taken to heart.

2 comments:

Writer said...

Congratulations on the Kindle sell. That's awesome. And thank you for the wonderful pic: I might have to have a dream about him too. :)

JamTheCat said...

Sometimes inspiration's fun...and worth the effort.

So when're you going to hunker down and start writing, again? You got a blog...use it to try things out like I do. And share. C'mon...you know you want to.