Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, June 24, 2012

Tick season

Woke up this morning with one eye partially swollen and red as a cherry. It looked like an infection of some kind or a really nasty case of allergies. From what, I don't know; when I went to bed, I was fine. Fortunately, I still had some VIOXX from the time this happened, before, and within an hour it was back to normal. Of course, that meant I got off a bit later than I intended...but I didn't have to call off the trip, at least.

After a nice LONG drive I got to the Jersey side of Philadelphia and am staying in a Best Western that has the vague odor of sewerage trouble and makes WiFi hard to get into. I had to open up my preferences and select it under WiFi in order to log on. Then after I ate, I went for a walk and found a Valero that does not offer milk. And when I got back to the hotel room, I found two ticks on me, freaked out and stripped off and shoved the clothes in a grocery bag and tied it tight, just in case there are some I didn't notice still on them.

Now I'm taking a bath and soaking my head in hot water, just to see what happens. I don't think any more are on me, but you never know.

I'm trying really hard to be positive about this trip, but so far it's doing its best to turn me into a raving lunatic...which is not that big a step for me to take, right now.

No comments: