Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Casual 4th

I went to Coney Island, since I'd never been.
This is how it looked from the pier. It was hot. I bought a hat for $5 to keep the sun off my scalp. And Venice, CA looks high class compared to this joint. Nothing but non-stop people, all with a New Yawk attitudinal.

It was a long train ride there and back, which I broke up by stopping off at Penn Station to change my ticket home. I'm now set for a 1:10 train instead of a 3:45, and I'll have WiFi.

Right now, I'm pretty beat from the heat of the day. At least the subway cars were air conditioned. So short post. Besides, I have some things I want to input into OT.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Your style is really unique compared to other folks I've read stuff from. Thanks for posting when you've got the opportunity, Guess I'll just bookmark this site.
My blog ... assurance camping

Writer said...

I think the heat has finally gotten to me. I've taken two naps today. Sadly, my air conditioning in my bedroom has started making this high pitch banshee noise, so I've had to turn it off. Cold shower, here I come.

JamTheCat said...

Thanks, Anon! I'll check yours out.

JamTheCat said...

I understand, JP. I'm in a hotel room in NYC, right now, where the mini-fridge sounds like it's a fifty year-old submarine chugging along underwater.

JamTheCat said...
This comment has been removed by the author.