Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, November 20, 2012

More of that Serendipity thing

I was perusing an auction catalog in preparation for assisting with the shipment of sold lots, and what should I find? An Appelton edition of "Alice's Adventures in Wonderland". That's the bastardized edition made from the initial 1865 print run of the book, with the illustrations the artist, John Tenniel, felt were poorly done. The presentation copies were made from that print run then recalled, but the rest of the printing was sold to an American publishing house that took out the 1865 copyright page and put Applelton on the spine in place of Macmillan.

It figures importantly in the whole plot about Adam and his journey to bring an Alice '65 back to his university. I'm hoping I get to pack this one; I'll take photos of it, something I couldn't do in Seattle, when I was at that fair.

Looks like everything's finally acceptable to Create Space for the paperback edition of "Bobby Carapisi - the Complete novel". I've ordered a proof, just to make sure...but if it looks good, all I have to do is give my okay and it's up and ready. The price is now $23.50 because of the size of it, something I don't understand. But CS won't let me go any lower. Oh, well.

BC-Complete's already sold some Kindle editions in the US and UK. Coolness.

As regards "Blood Angel"...I've been wondering just how far I could go to make that book intense and terrifying and tragic? And entertaining. I'm thinking of a combination of "50 Shades of Gray" married to "Dracula" with none of this romanticizing of vampires while still romanticizing them.

If that makes sense.

No comments: