Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, December 19, 2012

Feeling pissy

It seems a number of hotel chains have decided to slip in a policy that amounts to little more than theft, so far as I'm concerned. That policy? If you book a room for 10 days but only stay 7, if you don't give then 24 hours notice that you're leaving early, they charge you an additional day, and they don't care if you didn't know you were leaving 24 hours beforehand. I'd never heard of this, before, but I'm learning it's no longer unusual.

Best Western did that to me. I've stayed at the one in Long Island City nearly a dozen times in the last 3 years. A couple of those times, I had to extend my stay, which they did with no problem. But this time, even though I have a reservation set up in January for the last leg of a massive packing job, when I went in to check out, they hit me with this crap, and refused to even consider backing down. And the corporate office for BW did nothing to help me on it.

After a lot of yelling and the manager not bothering to give me a call back, they finally offered me a percentage off on my next stay. No refund. I got the e-mail, today.

I think I'm gonna stay at La Quinta, this next time. And I'll check to see if they have the same policy.

Meanwhile, I want a distraction --

This is Dave Mason...and he's a menswear designer in NYC with a bit of a kinky bent to him. His blog is House of Vader, located in the NSFW blogs I follow list at the lower right. He's like six-foot-forever and just plain fun to read about. He's also gay as a Hobbit, and I used him as the model for Dion in OT.

And that's before I knew he had such abs.

I live my life vicariously, now. Dammit.

No comments: