Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, February 7, 2013

How do they find the time?

Am I slow? It seems like it, sometimes. It seems like other people are able to get so much done so quickly and succinctly, while I plod through. I leave work between 5 and 5:30, come home, make dinner, answer e-mails, write, and suddenly it's time to get ready for sleep. And I don't feel like I've achieved anything other than a few words input into a computer. Nothing else, not really.

I can't work in time to push my writing while I'm writing. I don't check out Mandy or update my Linked-In page. I don't work on proposals for grants or fellowships. When I'm writing, I focus on just that. Don't even read much. And things pile up.

Tonight, I spent the evening catching up on bills and just setting up LD with a page on Facebook...and got no writing done. And tomorrow will be getting read to head to LA.

How do people do it?

No comments: