Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, June 29, 2013

The ideas are out there...

I'm trying new things to raise awareness of my writing...starting with facebook pages for my latest works --

The Lyons' Den

The Alice '65

David Martin

And what's even more fun...I've started one up for Adam, the lead in "The Alice '65". What's even better is, he's taken a slightly Jane Austen tone for his voice, mixed with a dash of Dickens.

Which lead me to include a reference to "Little Dorrit" in OT.

I've stolen some ideas on how to do this from downloads off some scriptwriting and Writers' Digest sites. to follow through with all of them would be another full-time job, and right now it's more important to get OT done. I'm getting closer...and closer...

The blow-up between Jake and Tone is harsh, and plays into the whole scenario in some way...I just haven't figured out how, yet. But the background is now laid down for it. I'll try and make it connect, tomorrow; right now I'm beat.

Maybe I'll use my two weeks off in August to work on the sales and PR tips I've gotten. Finally join up with Twitter and update my website and LinkedIn page. We'll see.

At least I now know how Adam will tell his story when I make A65 into a book. 

2 comments:

Michael said...

LIKED
LIKED
and
LIKED

I have to say your sketches of the characters from The Lyon's Den are fantastic. The ones for Tad and Ace are my favorites because they look almost exactly the way I imagine the characters in my head.

JamTheCat said...

Thanks! I'm having fun with it.