Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Some tricks can work...

To see if I could break this logjam in my brain, I went back through The Alice '65 and changed a couple of things...I think for the better. Including reversing the direction I was taking one character. But I didn't change much of his dialogue, so I think it comes across as funnier. I also shortened the fight at the end and pushed an emotional moment to the very end, where it's much better positioned. Nothing huge, but enough restructuring to consider it a fresh draft.

This is one of my tricks -- re-reading an old script and polishing it up. It's like priming the pump. I've got A65 out to a couple of people for feedback. It'l be interesting to hear what they have to say. But what's most important is, it worked. Tonight, I wrote 7 more pages on Underground Guy. I'm back to wanting to complete it. Woo-hoo.

I still think Russell Tovey and Eliza Dushku would be perfect in the roles of Adam and Casey. I know it's a mistake, but I pretty much wrote it picturing them.  He's on an HBO series now -- Looking -- which I wish I could watch. She's doing the voice of She-Hulk in the animated TV show, Hulk and the Agents of S.M.A.S.H. And she was in Joss Whedon's Dollhouse proving she's a capable as they come.

Wow...guess I'm also back to dreaming...amazing what a little whining can do.

No comments: