Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, May 12, 2014

Sidetracked

I spent the evening setting up a website for my adult books, using my old kmscb.com domain. GoDaddy's updated its web designer so I had to learn it all over again, and while some parts of it are easier, others are impossible. For example, I can't change the names of the links in the main menu if I want to use a particular design. Irritating. But it's done. Now I have one place to send potential book buyers to that's separate from my other site.

I did this because another website is willing to post a link to my work. All I have to do is send in a banner...so I worked this up --
It's a bit chaotic, and deliberately so...and I think I may rework it. I like the face being on the left and the figure on the right, now that I think about it. And the link embedded in it will be for my one site instead of having to make do with sending people to directtextbook.com or Amazon or anything.

Wish I could afford to do some real advertising in specified spots. Not just for these books, but also David Martin. I tried the ad thing with facebook and that got damn near nothing. I've got a giveaway going on GoodReads, but I don't know if that will do anything, yet. It doesn't end till Sunday. I've sent out post cards and copies of the book...and it just sort of sits there. I wonder if I did the story right?

Maybe I'm not the type who should write children's books...

No comments: