Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, September 2, 2014

Jake's getting antsy...

He's ready to start having fun with OT, again. Maybe lots of fun. Lot more fun than I planned on. Way more. Dunno what's going on here, but this is the first time he's let me see him laughing. I think he's finally caught on that the whole situation in Palm Springs is too ludicrous to be taken seriously.

Or...maybe he doesn't want to be a tragic muse, after all. Problem is, my grasp of humor is questionable, at best. I can do a sort of wit and jokey dialogue, but actually being funny? The feedback is usually, "Keep your day job."

Of course, there's no way OT will be a comedy. But it never hurts to add a bit of levity. Who was it who said, "Comedy is tragedy taken to its logical extreme"? Did anybody? Have I coined a saying?

All I know for certain is, it wasn't Shakespeare, Milton or Marlowe.

No comments: