Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, September 14, 2014

Totally geeked out...

Today I saw an Apple I motherboard that still works. It was designed in 1975, is a bit larger than my laptop, and is in near pristine condition. Somehow a Mac guy connected his iPad to it and was able to write a program! Still! It's going to be offered at auction at Bonham's in San Francisco, and they have no idea what it will bring; it's too recent an acquisition. I have gone so fanboy, it's not funny.

Okay...Adam and Casey and I have had a nice little discussion and we've come to the conclusion The Alice '65 is as good as it's going to get as a script. Except for correcting typos that might get pointed out to me (of which I am sure there are plenty), I'm making no more changes. The next step is to tell the story as a book, like I did The Lyons' Den. Which I wouldn't mind doing. I'm happy with how LD turned out; I just need to work up a strategy to get it selling better.

Looks like I'll be taking a trip to the Genius Bar, again. My laptop's e-mail connection is weirding out, again. It keeps asking me for my password, but even though I input it, it rejects it. Dunno what's going on -- if it's age or something wrong with iCloud...but I've also been having trouble with my iphone, so it may be the cloud.

Did a little work on The Vanishing of Owen Taylor. The first section is pretty tight and sets everything up nicely, I think. I almost talked myself into changing what the mystery's about, again, but quickly talked myself out of it. I think I'm just skittish about how it will come across. Jake isn't, however; he's ready to be done.

God, so am I...

No comments: