Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Almost back to NY time...

And finally realized I haven't sent out Christmas cards, and I'm in the hole for $300 thanks to this trip. I mean, it was worth the time and effort...but me and money don't like to stay on talking terms for very long. It'd be nice if I could change that around, but prospects are slim, at the moment. Oh well, story of my life. I'll take it off my taxes.

I dug more into the information I compiled in my trip to Palm Springs, and can see other changes that need to be made. I may shift and have this take place a bit in the future instead of the recent past. Meaning shifting Jake's initial confrontation with Philby from a sub-office in Palm Desert to the new building going up near the jail and Larson Center of Justice. But I'll really miss him needing to pee and making it an issue in the whole proceeding...

I'm also putting back in a red herring I'd begun to take out. It works a lot better to keep this one in because it's so obvious, anyone who reads the story will know I'm up to something. My hope is, they won't figure it out till I reveal the whole set-up.

Working half a day, tomorrow, so I may come home and sleep. I'm still draggy in the morning; I was in LA just long enough to get acclimated to west coast time, so rising at 8 is really like getting up at 5am. And I am not a morning person. Never have been. Never will be.

So be it...

No comments: