Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, February 26, 2015

Lisbon...

It's a rich-looking, very busy city for one that's supposed to be on the EU's sick list. I only had a couple hours to look around, but here's glimpses of what the city's like.
Lisbon Castle...I tried to get up to see it; I heard it was open till 6pm. It is, but they stop selling tickets at 5:30 and I arrived at 5:35. Dammit.

Shot of Lisbon's 25 April Bridge, fashioned after the Golden Gate. 

Inside one of Lisbon's more self-deprecating churches.

The Alfama District, near the harbor, to give you an idea of how the old city's built.

Very tight streets.

But there's a square with a statue every 200 feet in that town.

More later; right now I need to sit in a hot bath for the next five years.

2 comments:

Michael said...

Beautiful. I may add it to places I need to go some day.

JamTheCat said...

It'd be worth it, I think...