Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, April 30, 2015

Sixth Part of MFD

EXT. ST. CLEMEN’S COLLEGE - DAY
Ben spies Aurelia seated with Fatiha on a shaded bench.

He heads for them, like a shark -- notices --

A burly man in sunglasses close by -- BODYGUARD #1.

Ben shifts to bumbling mode.

BEN
(French accent)
Aurelia! You take le déjeuner?

The girls look around, startled.

AURELIA
Uh, yeah. We’re almost done. Uh, Laurent, this my friend, Fatiha.

FATIHA
BonJOUR, monSIEUR ...

Ben walks past the girls. Bodyguard #1’s eyes stay on him.

BEN
Bonjour, mademoiselle; I am called Lorie. I do not mean for to intrude on you. I go to class in just one moment. We can meet later?

AURELIA
I ... uh, have a lab. Starts at three and goes for ...

FATIHA
I’d love to!

Aurelia eyes her. Fatiha smiles back.

AURELIA
But my ... lab can wait. Where shall we meet?

BEN
The shop where I spill your coffee? I am done with all classes by four.

FATIHA
Four-thirty’d be perfect.

BEN
Then it is done. Until then!

Ben jaunts away. Fatiha leans over to Aurelia.

FATIHA
You don’t have to come, you know.

Aurelia glares at her. Bodyguard #1 makes a note -- Laurent.

EXT. MARINA - DAY
Glyde parks near the boat locks. He sees Legion atop one, looking at The Thames. He strides over. Jets take off from London City Airport.

GLYDE
What do I call you?

LEGION
Here, my name is Legion.

GLYDE
How’d you get my number?

LEGION
Does it matter? I only thought you have an interest in Forrier’s son’s reappearance.

GLYDE
Why should I?

LEGION
It’s you he’s come looking for. He thinks you had his family killed.

Glyde eyes Legion.

GLYDE
The IRA was behind that.

LEGION
As the story goes. Have you ever met our Benjamin?

GLYDE
Just pictures in the paper.

LEGION
Here. These’re better.

He hands Glyde photo printouts of Ben’s Army photos.

LEGION (CONT’D)
Favors his Da, he does. You have T-Rex encryption on your computer?

Glyde nods.

LEGION (CONT’D)
I’ll e-mail you this code, when you no longer need to be careful.

He offers a card to Glyde, who refuses it.

GLYDE
Don’t contact me, again.

He keeps one photo of Ben. Walks away. Legion smiles at Ben's other photos.

IN GLYDE’S CAR

He gets behind the wheel and hits the hands-free phone.

LEO (O.S.)
Yeah?

GLYDE
Have the Chang brothers upgrade our online security. And I want two men with each of my kids at all times. Let me know who they talk to, who they phone. Everything. And no one gets in a car without it bein’ checked for a bomb. Then get some lads together. We’re off fishing.

LEO
What is it?

GLYDE
More bloody shite from Belfast.
---------------------
This is the first act, completed. Maybe that's enough for now.

No comments: