Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, May 14, 2015

Chris Salvatore...

Like I've got nothing else to do...
I found a new look for Daniel -- an actor named Chris Salvatore. The guy isn't that different from Zachary Quinto, but his sensibility is closer to Daniel's fragility. His brows are a bit manscaped, but that's NBD. Plus, he's the exact right age for it. In fact, I think it would be perfect if a movie got made with Chris as Daniel and Zachary as Ace. And Ryan Gosling as Van. I don't dream much, do I?

He's been in several Eating Out movies and some other work. A gay actor who's doing his thing. He's even got a little series on YouTube and posted a fun video with his elderly neighbor, Norma. Check it out at https://youtu.be/PPpAZnv_tJs ; it's very minimalist, but try not to laugh at Norma's comment about Italian sausage.

I sent him a message on FaceBook asking if I could send him a copy of the book. Crazy, I know, but what the hell. The worst he can do is yell at me for posting his image on The Lyons' Den page. I'd do the same for Russell Tovey and The Alice 65, but all I can find on Facebook is fan pages, and that's worse than useless.

Maybe I should Twitter...

4 comments:

Michael Dodd said...

He is indeed a cutie. And for some reason, for all the obvious manscaping, those eyebrows do something for me!

JamTheCat said...

I argue none of your points...

Michael said...

I actually enjoyed him in Eating Out 3,4 and 5.
The entire Eating Out series is fun, sexy and surprisingly clever and endearing at times. Chris as Daniel and Zachary as Ace would be perfect casting. Chris has the sweetness and vulnerability, while Zachary has the tough demeanor and confidence for the role.

On another note, I'm saddened that Chris hasn't had much of a career outside of the gay niche market. Zachary Quinto is one of few openly gay actors that gets cast in mainstream roles and that's probably only because he was relatively known before coming out. Hollywood doesn't even cast gay actors in gay roles for major projects.

JamTheCat said...

It is ludicrous how Hollywood's casting goes. Straight actor plays gay and gets an Oscar (Tom Hanks, William Hurt) or nominated, not to mention praised for his bravery. Gay actor plays straight and gets ridiculed or nothing.

Another great gay actor is Charlie David, but got nothing outside of Here! projects, while Neil Patrick Harris was established as a straight character on "How I Met Your Mother" before he was outed.

And there are even some hateful queens who say, "If I know you're gay, you can't play a straight role, believably."

I hate that crap.