Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, November 7, 2017

Had some ideas...

A couple of new possibilities came to me for A65's cover -- using the book as a background and having Adam peeking into it by opening the cameo image of Alice on the original cover as Casey watches him, amused. Another is him kneeling and peeking under the book as Casey leans over the top of it to watch him and Gertrude peeks around the book, behind him, curious.

Of course, I could do without Gertrude on the cover, I suppose. She doesn't appear until midway into the book...but she does turn out to be important. I think I'll work up some mocks to see if it would come together right. Of course, this would entail me finding images to use...unless I did them, myself. I did a quick search through Shutterstock but they haven't got anything useful, from what I can tell. I also checked a couple of other sites but nothing came close to the pose I'd want.

I'm in Roxbury, CT at the moment, prepping for that archival pickup, so I'm sort of working this in as I can. I'm in the middle of nowhere; had to drive 10 miles to find a restaurant and then had pork chops with some sauce on them that's made me ill. I didn't remember to ask if it has a chicken stock base...but I think it did. My reaction to anything chicken started right on schedule. I forgot that when you're out in the countryside, everything starts with that unless you go vegan.

It's funny how many foods have chicken in them -- be it stock or bits or "flavoring", even if they're pork or turkey or even beef meals. I had to stop eating a lot of foods I loved, like chicken-fried steak and turkey pot pie and enchiladas with mole unless it's made with a beef base. I can't eat potato leek soup unless it's totally vegan, and very little is in shops. I have to ask if a restaurant meal has chicken in it...and sometimes I get tired and forget to...like tonight.

It's tiresome and makes me whine...and that is all there is to that. now.

No comments: