Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, November 2, 2017

Home, again...

I arrived late this afternoon feeling weird and now I think I'm coming down with a cold. The housekeeper at the place where I picked up the books was sniffling and coughing, so I tried to avoid her...but apparently not enough. Dammit. I do not need a cold, right now. No time for it.

Of course, it could be a touch of food poisoning. I had a second rate meal at Sticky Lips, a decent BBQ place in Rochester. The brisket was so fatty, I had to hunt for the meat. The coleslaw wasn't shredded but just sort of chopped and had chunks of cabbage in it. The server was all but pushing me out the door as I ate. Not a pleasant experience. I guess I won't need to travel 60 miles down a toll road for BBQ, anymore. I can get that kind of crap from Dinosaur, here in Buffalo.

Of course, all of this puts me in a foul mood. I've been pumping in the fluids and feel better, but ti's still a pain in the ass. And it keeps from doing anything creative because I'll just do crap and hate it later and berate myself and yap, yap, yap...shit, don't take much to get me to whining, does it?

I did manage to rerun most of A65 in my head, testing it for defects or inconsistencies, and found another note to add to it, for clarity. And as I added it...I started making more changes. So, that's that.
New rewrite once I get comments back...because, as I predicted, I hated what I've written, right now.

Dammit, I'm never gonna be done with this book...

No comments: