Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Saturday, November 4, 2017

Searching...

I spent the day trying to work up a decent image for A65's dust jacket and have nothing even remotely close to being right, yet. The closest I came to finding one is this --

But the colors are bland and safe, and I don't think it really reveals much about the story. Or draws you in. Or anything. It's just...there.

A friend of mine came up with another idea for cover art, and while I like the look of it I'm still not sure, which means I still haven't seen what's right, yet.

Maybe it's because this is a lighter story than I usually do, and very straight. It's boy-meets-girl and told in third person and, despite the blackness of a part of Adam's life, is pretty much like cotton candy as opposed to the dark chocolate style of stories I tell.

I may need to back away from this project, for a while. I'm not going to make my Thanksgiving deadline -- self-imposed but still... I think I need to polish the book more to make it sparkle. That will give me space enough to consider other options for the cover.

Zan's art does a better job of catching the whimsy of A65. Maybe I should try a hybrid of that and my work...

But not now; I've worked myself into a headache.

No comments: