Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, November 6, 2017

Sudden trip to NYC

I'm driving down to Connecticut and NYC, tomorrow, and won't be back till late Friday. All very last minute rearranging and exciting, considering whose archives I'm handling. Nothing more may be said till all is completed, but WOW!!!

I finished inputting the corrections from my editor, for The Alice '65. Not a lot but some pretty surprising ones that I probably never would have seen. She also wanted me to change some things that are the British way of speaking, which I ain't gonna do, but also got me to see some parts were hard to grasp, the way I have them written. I know what's going on but that don't mean a reader will.

Of course, one thing leads to another and I've already got lots of changes to some sections. What makes me happy is, she got the bit where Adam gets stoned even though I never specifically say that's what happens; I just have him going along without realizing until it's pointed out to him.

I'm happier with the story and delineation of the characters. Each is their own person, finally. I think there are spots the action goes too quickly, like I'm skimming over it, but overall I feel good. That's probably not something I should ever think or say; when I do I wind up getting kicked in the gut by reality. But it's a nice feeling to have, for a change.

Now if I could just figure out the damn cover...

No comments: