Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, December 25, 2017

278 pps, 65,600 words...and maybe 60% done

That's the current status for Underground Guy. I've slashed 3 sections in my outline and the story is moving towards a conclusion faster than I expected, with Devlin redirecting the media to a newer, less dramatic story about his arrest -- that it was just a misunderstanding. He thought Reg was interested in some fun so followed him off the underground, made a move and freaked out when Reg tried to bust him, claiming he didn't understand British English in his best Brooklynnese.

It's a goofy smoke-screen, but might work well enough for the story's purposes. He's also tracked down where Griffin Faure is staying, just in case he needs to go after him. He really does intend to kill the man if Colin, his brother, hurts himself or anyone in any way.

I've had some odd notions pop up, as well, that might change the ending of the story. Not sure enough about those, yet, to discuss them...but they're intriguing and fit into my basic outline. They may cut a day off the timeline, too. That's always good.

I'm sure I'll be making more changes as I go along. The outline I came up with is long enough for a Russian novel, and the story doesn't really support that. 

Christmas is almost over and it was a nice quiet one, for me. I did not leave my apartment yesterday or today. Phone calls were all it took to keep in contact with family, and since I'll be facing them in March, at my Texas niece's wedding, I think this is fine.

Getting ready will be taking me lots of effort.

No comments: