Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, December 12, 2017

Another job done...

Up at 7, flight at 9:30, drive through Washington DC in lovely weather, work in Georgetown, all v ery nice and lovely. Then I needed to find an Office Depot...and found the nearest one had no parking, unless you're willing to pay $11.00 at the underground garage by the store. So I drove to Glen Burnie to get what I needed, got to the trucking company we're using by 3 and hit the airport by 4:30. So I wrangled a seat on an earlier flight and got home at a decent hour. Still had to dig my car out from under the snow, but it wasn't too bad.

I didn't have time or focus to do much about UG, though I did make some notes on possible ways to work in the return of Griffin Faure. He's the son of a billionaire who's idea of good business is not to pay sub-contractors until they threaten to sue you, then settle. Him pulling that nearly bankrupted Devlin's family's business and almost drove his brother, Colin, to suicide for getting them into that situation.

Dev takes a vicious revenge on Faure and forces his father to pay not only what they owed Dev's family but a number of other people they defrauded. So it looks like Griffin learned of Dev's legal situation and has begun to manipulate it to cause him as much pain and suffering as possible. Not yet sure how to work that in, though I have a couple of possible paths to take, but it's a neat fit to my usual paranoid-conspiracy writing. I just wonder if I can use this bit for comedy relief?

Man...that would not be politically correct...

No comments: