Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 14, 2017

Job 3 done...

This one was hard because it was all artwork. I was expecting it to be unframed and in mylar sleeves, but 18 items were still in their frames and, even though we were told they'd been removed from the frames, they apparently came over to the US that way. And needed to be fitted back into their crate in a way that protected them.

Fortunately, all but one were under plexiglass or plastic; that one glass one got wrapped in plenty of bubble and set in a careful space to keep it from jostling about. But this is not my expertise and I won't be feeling comfortable till they're home and unpacked and nothing is broken.

But it took me hours to get them done. Setting them in and pulling them out of the crate to adjust and rethink and rearrange and test...but I finally got them all in along with the extra items I got handed. Packed to the brim. And I'm beat.

I'm now at Jet Blue's Terminal 5 having had a good burger and onion rings and a Jamba juice, so I'm feeling mellow. Just ready for bed. Soooo ready. My flight, this morning was supposed to leave at 8:20 but didn't go until 9. But I was still up at 6am to get to the airport and that always throws off my rhythm.

So not getting anything done on UG, today. Brain dead. I did go through a folder of notes and found some I'd like to add in. Found another few that helped clarify some issues. I should have gone through this first, but it's not too late to add them in.

And here comes Zonesville...

No comments: