Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Thursday, December 28, 2017

Reaching out...

I contacted a couple of British antiquarian book dealers I know to ask if they would read through A65 and make sure I'm using their language correctly. Not just the British idioms but references and words Adam uses in his dealings. I doubt I'll get a response before next year; the California Book Fair is in six weeks and we're already beginning preparations for it...as are they, figuring out which books to take and working up catalogues to hand out and paperwork for the shipment to the US. But it's a start. And I have more I can ask...including a couple of the guys I have crushes on.

I know, I know, it's silly for a man my age to have a crush on any guy young enough to be his son, but I do. One's taking really good care of himself and is even better looking now than when I first met him...Jesus, fifteen years ago. Maybe I'll use his face for Adam's on the book cover.

I've decided I'm going to do the artwork for the hardcover's dust jacket. I'll make it as good as I can, probably in colored pencil but I'm also considering acrylic or even crayon, of all things. Won't know how it'll work till I do it, but I saw this saying posted on Tumbler and almost clapped. Then I got pissed at myself for being a coward and made my decision. The jacket will be what it is and I will put it out. I'll use Zan's art for the paperback and avatar for the ebook.

As regards UG, I'm working on the ending so I know what I'm aiming for. I have it prepped but I want to make certain this will work before I set up the rest of the story, for it. The action seems a bit complicated, at the moment, but we'll see how it goes after I've reworked it a few times.

That's my middle name -- Rework-It.

No comments: