Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, January 2, 2018

Got back A65's edit...

It turned out fairly good. I had a couple dozen typos, found two typos my editor didn't notice, had questions raised about three points, but everything else was intact. There were also a couple of points where I deliberately misused a word -- like having Adam say, "A bit of sleeps sounds lovely." That's him speaking, not incorrect. But there were a couple other spots where it was just a bit too precious, so I changed it to the correct grammar or use of word.

I've gone through and updated my current draft; now I just need to hear back from one of the British dealers to fill me in on how close I am to reality for them. I don't want to put this book out into the world and have them laugh at me for thinking I knew what I was talking about...because reality is, I only know enough to be dangerous.

I also want to send a copy over to Publisher's Weekly to see if they will do a review, and prep some publicity in advance of the actual publication. Right now, I'm aiming for mid-late February, depending on how long it takes to get everything in order...including the cover art.

I guess this means putting UG aside, for the time being. A65 is of paramount importance, and I have UG a lot closer to completion, now, so I can come back to it fairly easily. From this point, it's time to start in on the covers and formatting.

I just hope I'll be doing completely right by this one...

No comments: