Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, January 5, 2018

So much for a day off...

I did some scrambling, today, to rearrange the return from my trip to Houston. I'm now headed to NYC from there and up to Boston then returning to Buffalo. A lot of dancing about to get it all settled, but I finally did, even though it's a tight schedule. I hate things like that.

I also had an eye exam at three so piddled out in the 4 degree cold to get there before dropping by the office to pick up some things I'll need for next week. So I didn't get started on A65 till nearly 5. It would've been faster for me to be at the office all day and leave for the ophthalmologist from there. Good thing is, I've still got 20/20 vision.

At least some decisions have been made. The hardcover edition of The Alice '65 will be 196 pages long in a 5.5x8.5 inch size, costing $23.95.  The paperback will be 260 pages in a 5x7 size, costing $11.95. Ebooks will be $1.95, as usual.

I've pretty much settled on this basic layout for the hardcover's dust jacket. I'll work on the synopsis and details to go into the front pages during the trip. Won't have a lot of free time, but I'll be getting there. My next travel plans are not till the end of January, so there's all those days to work.

Of course, I also want to see a proof to make sure it's coming out right, so that adds time. And a lot also depends on when I get some kind of idea from the antiquarians whether or not I did them right. As I've said, before, I know just enough to make me dangerously certain I  know just enough...

...and their silence equals discontent...

No comments: