Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Sunday, February 11, 2018

Almost...

Busy day so I'm not quite done with A65, yet. I am closing in, tho'. Step by now-careful step. Once this pass is done, I'm doing one more then I'm getting it proofed, again, by an editor. I keep finding mistakes and stupid things like putting "thing" for "think" and "then" for "than." Makes me wonder about all of my earlier writing, just how hard my sloppiness made for reading.

I started getting paranoid about my use of English with OT because I wanted it to be as professional a book as possible, so I had it proofed, twice. Now, after this one's been through the wringer four times and I'm still finding mistakes, I'm wondering if I should just bite the bullet and pay someone to do it. I know a couple of professional editors; maybe they'd give me a discount on their rates...

I will say, I'm not interested in commentary about my actual writing, which is part of their service. I like the way the book has come together. I just need someone to check my grammar and typos...so I guess we'll have to see if I can work this out.

But I do think I did right by Jake in OT. As I was heading to the laundromat The Black Keys' Lonely Boy played on the radio and Jake bounced up to let me know that's his song, and he began dancing to it. He's happy. That makes me happy.

What makes me happier is how Brendan is letting out aspects of P/S that will help the story. Prepping me for the long haul. Helping me see where the story is going and why it must be told. There is no one reason for that...but I'm getting hints of how there will be an all-encompassing idea that holds everything together.

Wow...and if that doesn't sound grandiose...

No comments: