Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Friday, March 16, 2018

100 pages to go...

I've been working late at the day job, all week, just to keep up with everything that needs to be done. I'm even going in Monday morning, to finalize a few things before heading to Louisville for a packing job...and then to New York for 2 more. This interfered with my schedule for putting out the book, but it's my own damn fault for taking so long to get it done, really, landing me in the middle of a series of book fairs that were very, very demanding.

Not that I'm really unhappy. The book I would have published 6 months ago was nowhere near as good as it is, now, so I'm glad I've taken my time, in a way. I whined and howled and snapped and snarled...but as I go through it one last time, I'm finding it flows nicely and is easy to read...I think. I hope. I never know, not really.

All I can say is, I did my best to let Adam and Casey be rich, complex characters who are true to themselves in any way they want to be. I've tried to make their character arcs honest and believable, and I busted my butt to keep their individuality precise and human. I don't think I can put out an error-free book, no matter how hard I try or how much help I get...but I think this one will be close.

Anyway, if all goes well, tomorrow, I'll set it up with Ingram and ask for a physical proof. It's not till you actually see it in your hand that you know it's done right. Then comes prepping the ebook and then...

Hell, I don't know what'll happen then. Watch some movies? Read some of my library on the history of Derry and the Troubles? No idea.

I'll deal with that, then.

2 comments:

FJ said...

Courage and much patience for this last stretch. As my Mom used to say, “Keep on keeping on. You’ll get there.”

JamTheCat said...

Thanks!