Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Monday, March 26, 2018

And away we go...

Rather than take 72 hours to put The Alice '65 up as an ebook, Kindle's got it going, already. Surprised me...but makes me happy. I want Adam's and Casey's story read. Now I just need to make it known and renown.

To the opposite extreme, Ingram is being pissy about the cover, for some reason. I used their template to build the artwork and even set guides to make sure I stayed within the spaces they required for text and images. Double checked it, too. But they're saying I'm outside the fold lines and I don't know what they're talking about. The red diagonal lines cross the face of the cover?

I can't do anything about it till I get home...which I don't do till after midnight, tomorrow...well, Thursday. meaning nothing done till Thursday night or Friday, since we're shut down that day...which I was hoping to use as a day off from everything...

Right now I'm in a Hilton overlooking Times Square. The job I had today worked out nicely. Picked it up in DC, packed it up in Baltimore, and was even able to catch an earlier train from Baltimore's airport to Penn Station. Tomorrow's got 2 jobs to do and I'm leery about getting them done, but I have till 10:45pm; that's when my flight back to Buffalo is...and is usually late.

I prepped a paperback copy of the book's text, on the train ride. 280 pages. I also had to go through and make sure there were no awkward bits...like a single period and quotation mark that end a sentence shifting to the top of the next page...or an em-dash being alone on the last line of a paragraph.

Next I'll need to rework the cover to fit a paperback format, which I can do after I deal with Ingram and their idiotic system that works against you.

Almost...almost...

No comments: