Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Tuesday, March 6, 2018

Dust jacket for A65 is 95% done

There are spaces around it for cropping and folding, but it's pretty much done. I need to do a bit of work on the copy of the Alice that's on the front; it needs to be grunged up a little to reflect the condition of the book in the story...but I'll do that tomorrow night. I like how it turned out...but let's see how the rest of it goes.

The story really is about 90% set. Just one more pass for typos and missing words; I think I've got all the inconsistencies gone, and I've dug as deep as I can into Adam and Casey without turning this into a novelized Bergman film. I like his work but even his attempt at comedy was bleak and depressing.

I've been ignoring the news and such while working on this, and it's been helping my attitude, a lot. I've finally accepted that if Czar Snowflake doesn't die from a heart attack or stroke, thanks to the crap he eats and his ludicrous attitudes, he'll be in office for a full 4 years because the Democratic leadership is too politically motivated to kick his ass out. If he doesn't crash us into a depression, we'll be damned lucky.

The positive thing is, I'm feeling Brendan's attitude begin to filter into me. In Place of Safety, all he wants is to be left alone to live his life, marry a girl he loves, raise a family and provide for them. But the bastards around him won't let that happen. This book will be close to Bergman...

...But I'm still aiming for Tolstoy...

No comments: