Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, March 7, 2018

The cover is done...

It's now in PDF format and ready to upload when I have the text ready to go. I found a typo in the synopsis and did a bit more evening out of the lines in it. I also mussed up the copy of Alice's Adventures in Wonderland on its cover.

After that I ran a spelling & grammar check of A65 and found a couple more typos -- mainly words that should or should not be capitalized and a couple of words repeated in error. What's fun about doing this is checking out the grammatical corrections suggested by Word. Suggestions that are totally wrong. They wanted me to substitute they're for there when I was referencing a location, and thought an staircase was correct. Jesus, if people are relying on Word for their grammar, no wonder everything's so screwy online.

I'm still trying to find out the exact right way to list the Library of Congress catalogue info on the copyright page of the book. The LCCN number takes me to the listing, but gives me only half the information I need...and there are merely 5000 directions to go when trying to find out anything. So I've sent off a plea for help to a woman who's helped me before, at the LoC. Maybe she can say. I also know a librarian in Lexington, KY. Maybe he can find out what my PS number is.

This weekend is a bust for doing anything on the story except on the plane going down and back. And I have to be back in the office on Monday to help with the shipments home from the NY Book Antiquarian Book Fair. Nearly a hundred dealers returning to the UK, Europe, Japan, Australia and one and on. All in the middle of Storm Quinn.

I think Mother Nature is pissed off.

No comments: