Derry, Northern Ireland

Derry, Northern Ireland
A book I'm working on is set in this town.

Wednesday, April 25, 2018

A redo of "David Martin"

I got my hardcover copy of David Martin and it looks good. It's overpriced at $16.95, but I couldn't get the price any lower, with Ingram. What I can do, however, is offer it for sale through me at a 40% discount (and 55% through Ingram for dealers). I'm setting it up on ebay, which uses PayPal for payments, and am contacting libraries to see if they're interested in a copy. I'm also pulling the paperback from circulation.

I've set up ebay with The Alice '65 and The Vanishing of Owen Taylor, as well, both at 20% off but signed copies. I want to see if this will help sales of the books. OT hasn't done very well, and I don't want A65 to vanish into the thousands of books published every week, so I'm doing everything I can. Having three positive reviews for A65 is better than I got with OT, at the start.

I'm also pushing for more reviews through BookLife, Book Daily and GoodReads. Since A65 is a very mainstream book, I'm hoping that will work in its favor. OT having a gay protagonist as its detective seems to have caused the mystery-reading crowd to stay away. So...it's more of a niche book than I anticipated. Fine for me, but I was hoping Jake's story would be better read.

Of course, it could also be I'm just a crap writer.

No comments: